Orthopedic trauma is managed by procedures designed to stabilize fractures, treat soft tissue injuries and promote rapid recovery with a focus on bones and joints.
One of the most common canine orthopedic disorders we treat is Cranial Cruciate Ligament (CCL) Injury or Rupture, but we perform various orthopedic pet surgeries:
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament repairs: TPLO’s and extracapsular repairs
- Luxating Patella repairs: medial and lateral
- Femoral Head and Neck Osteotomies: treatment of severe hip arthritis
- Fracture repairs: simple to complex
- Limb Amputations: typically due to very severe trauma preventing successful reconstruction or cancer
- Corkscrew Tail Amputations
Canine Orthopedic Injuries can be a frightening time for Toronto pet parents.